|Dear Maria Kleanthous PAET
IATEFL member 27358
IATEFL invites nominations for the post of Vice President / President on the Board of Trustees. This is an active and exciting role and the post holder will be able to use their experience, strengths and insights to contribute significantly to the future direction of IATEFL.
Nominations closing date: 23.00 UK time, Tuesday 21 May 2019. In the event of more than one candidate standing, an election will be held and IATEFL members will be invited to vote.
Who can apply?
- Trustees of the Association must hold a fully paid up, current individual subscription to IATEFL. This includes individual, student, retired, early career teachers and basic members.
- Any trustee who has previously served for six continuous years may not be re-appointed as a trustee until a minimum of one year has elapsed.
How to apply
- If you are interested in applying for this exciting role, and you are a current individual member of the association, please read the Role Description fully to understand the nature of the role and the commitments.
- Complete the nomination form, having first identified two other current members to nominate and second your application. Within this form you are also required to have spoken to a current member of the Board of Trustees, providing you with a chance to ask any questions you may have and get a clearer understanding of the role.
- Your completed nomination form should be sent to IATEFL using the details below, along with your 250-word statement, a one-page resumé and a passport-sized head and shoulders photograph of yourself.
- In the event of there being more than one candidate, an election will be held. The information and photograph supplied will be sent to all IATEFL members on the election forms. It is also intended that there will be an online event providing the opportunity for each candidate to give a brief presentation and/or a question and answer session during the election process, which candidates should be prepared to participate in.
- The closing date for nominations is 23.00 UK time on Tuesday 21 May 2019.